- Parent Category: About Us
- Published: Thursday, 20 August 2009 06:42
Thank you for your interest in Oak Grove School employment. Oak Grove is a progressive co-educational day and boarding school serving preschool through college preparatory high school students in Ojai, California.
February 25, 2017
Fourth Grade Homeroom Teacher
Oak Grove School, a small pre-K through 12th grade progressive college preparatory school with a small boarding program in Ojai, California, is seeking an experienced and accomplished Fourth Grade Homeroom Teacher, who can teach all academic subjects, starting August 2017.
The goal of our elementary program is to offer an inclusive, integrated, challenging, and highly engaging academic experience that also reflects the philosophical underpinnings of the school as expressed in the Arts of Living & Learning (inquiry, communication, academia, engagement, aesthetics, and care/relationship to self, others, the environment, and the world), which inform both curricula and classroom practice.
As part of the Elementary School Team, teachers help to plan, implement, and participate in camping trips.
• BA and/or MA degree
• Multi-subject Teaching Credential and/or MA in Education
• Teaching experience at the Elementary School level
• Familiarity with the philosophy of the school (amongst other things an enquiry-based approach to education in a non-competitive atmosphere), and an understanding of progressive education will be an asset
• Self-motivated, self-disciplined, professional, enterprising and energetic
• Highly organized and able to clearly map out curricula and articulate student expectations across the grades (we use many rubrics)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with students, parents and colleagues
• Ability to differentiate in the classroom
• Active enjoyment of the outdoors and willingness to go on camping trips
• Ability to work as part of a close-knit team
Oak Grove School does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, religion, national origin, cultural heritage, age, gender, marital status, political beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, or family style in its admissions and employment policies and procedures.
Please send a cover letter and resume including three references to Willem Zwart, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Posy Smith.