Summer Resources: Eighth Grade
2020 Summer Activity/Learning Suggestions
Seventh Grade going into Eighth Grade
Welcome to eighth grade! The intention of summer practice is to integrate school learning into home life. Below you’ll find suggestions that include playful activities that also reinforce academic skills, in a relaxed family environment. This year, given the COVID situation, we have added more online opportunities for learning over the summer. We’ve also included online resources and quick links to specialist google slide lessons for art, music, and Spanish, in case your student would like to access these over the summer.
Wishing you a restful and restorative summer!
- Circles, instrumental review
- Viva la Vida, instrumental review
- Walkin, chord rhythm review
- Circles, intro
- Talent Show!
- Self Evaluation: completed in class zoom with Kalli
- What is Harmony: a lesson with Jacob Collier
- Letter Names: pitch and the treble clef
- Postcards Part 1 — keep ‘em coming!
- Postcards Part 2 — with some thoughts on watercolor
- Andy Goldsworthy Inspired Art
- Collage With Found Materials
- The Tower Part 1
- The Tower Part 2
- Pointilist Paintings
- Self Portrait Drawing
- The Next Best Thing (& Self Portrait Check-In)
- Self Portrait Painting