Summer Resources: Sixth Grade
2020 Summer Activity/Learning Suggestions
Fifth Grade going into Sixth Grade
Welcome to sixth grade! The intention of summer practice is to integrate school learning into home life. Below you’ll find suggestions that include playful activities that also reinforce academic skills, in a relaxed family environment. This year, given the COVID situation, we have added more online opportunities for learning over the summer. We’ve also included online resources and quick links to specialist google slide lessons for art, music, and Spanish, in case your student would like to access these over the summer.
Wishing you a restful and restorative summer!
General suggestions for
Language Arts & Math
Art, Music, & Spanish
Practice keyboarding on Typing Club.
Go into Quill for grammar review.
Go into Khan Academy for math review:
- Hello, Goodbye: chorus instruments
- Hello, Goodbye: verse instruments
- Hello, Goodbye: arrangement
- 12 Bar Blues: review in key of F
- Green Onions: the melody
- Talent Show!
- Self evaluation: completed in class during zoom with Mary
- Happy Together: find the beat, pitch practice
- Cartooning, lesson 3
- Cartooning, lesson 2
- Cartooning, lesson 1
- Plein Air lesson
- Paper Sculpture lesson
- Home Object Art lesson
- Nature and Art lesson
- Silly Sketch Prompt lesson
- Georgia O’Keeffe lesson, Part 2
- Georgia O’Keeffe lesson, Part 1
- Mixed Media Collage, Part 2
- Mixed Media Collage, Part 1
- Self Portrait lesson, Part 2
- Self Portrait lesson, Part 1